Tuesday 4 June 2013

What Makes The Stanley Cup Playoffs So Exciting

As I sit on the couch like a lump, I watch the Kings vs. the Blackhawks with pure enjoyment. My team, the Leafs, are out. So why am I watching this? That is a good question....

For starters, it's intense. Things can change in the blink of an eye. The pace of the game is limitless. Maybe the biggest attention drawer, there is so much on the line. You can see it in the players eyes. They really want it. Every shift counts. You start to think the players don't get tired. Then you imagine yourself out there skating and feel the need to go for a run. When you get this feeling, you know it's the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

The Playoffs may also be known as complete entertainment. Might I remind my readers, I am not even a Hawks fan. Nor am I a Kings fan. As I write this I look up at the T.V. every three seconds to make sure I don't miss a bit. Everything is just so exciting. You don't want to look at the game clock because you know you will be disappointed to see there is only a minute left in the 2nd period. You can't bare to wait a 10-15 minute intermission. There is too much to wait for.

Okay, so it's intense, there is a lot on the line, but it's got to be the pace that is the most intriguing. Hockey is one of the fastest sports in the world and when you reach Playoffs time, the bar is really raised. On top of that, it is a life or death situation. Someone is going down. It doesn't get much more intense than that.

So there you have it. That sums up just a portion of the Playoffs.

Why do YOU like the Playoffs?


Don't forget to check out my Youtube

This was written by Riley (NothinButHockeyCards)
Please be sure to comment and share with all your friends. Your views and contributions are much appreciated.
Thank you

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the playoffs because of the action, the intensity, the blood-sweat-and-tears put into every play and every game. I love the playoffs because, "Its the cup!"

Youtube: Thesens8